Our education, training and research
The St. Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) has a comprehensive training programme which invites those working in, or with an interest in this field, to develop their experience and knowledge in this challenging area of work. The Forensic and Medical Examination for Rape and Sexual Assault (FMERSA) course is now in its fifth year and accredited by the University of Manchester. It provides students with an opportunity to gain the theoretical and practical knowledge that underpins the role of the sexual assault forensic examiner. The course also prepares the student for both the Dip FCASA held by the Apothecaries and MFFLM exam (Membership of the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine).
Each year the centre hosts the St. Mary’s Centre Conference addressing sexual violence issues. Click here to find out more about the 2012 Conference. To download presentations from our 2011 Conference click here.
We also run regular courses for crisis workers and counsellors supporting victims of sexual violence.
The Centre has an ongoing research programme and has published a series of papers. Click here to find out more.
0161 276 6515
- Crisis Support
- Forensic Medical Examination
- Access to Emergency Contraception
- Sexual Health Screening
- Counselling and Aftercare Support
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisor
- What happens if I make a report to the Police?
- What will happen when I come to the St Mary's Centre?
- What happens if I come to St Mary's Centre without making a report to the Police?