Media liaison and articles
The St. Mary’s SARC works with many different media organisations to promote awareness of the issues around rape and sexual assault.
We may approach an organisation or they may come to us to ask for help with research or information.
Recently we have worked with the national Guardian newspaper on a feature about Sexual Assault Referral Centres. You can read the article here visit http://gu.com/p/2ybdn
We are also currently working with Hollyoaks on the development of their storyline around the alleged rape of one of their main characters Jacqueline McQueen. Find out more about the storyline and background information by visiting www.channel4.com/hollyoaks
We have also worked with the producers of Coronation Street on their recent storyline on rape. You can find out more by visiting www.itv.com/coronationstreet
0161 276 6515
- Crisis Support
- Forensic Medical Examination
- Access to Emergency Contraception
- Sexual Health Screening
- Counselling and Aftercare Support
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisor
- What happens if I make a report to the Police?
- What will happen when I come to the St Mary's Centre?
- What happens if I come to St Mary's Centre without making a report to the Police?