Sexual Assault – A Forensic Clinicians Practice Guide
Dr Catherine White, MB, ChB, MRCGP, FFFLM, DMJ, DRCOG, DCH, DFFP
Cost: £150.00 plus £9 pp to the UK.
To buy your copy contact:
Duncan White email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07977 419472
This authoritative, comprehensive and practical resource is an essential step-by-step guide for Forensic Physicians working with victims of rape and sexual assault.
The Guide brings together aspects of all key services that victims should receive including medical examination procedures and court case preparation.
It contains easy to follow checklists, templates and key practice points that will victims receive the highest standards in medical care.
The book features:
- Child and adult examinations
- Practical informatioin each step of the forensic examination, from taking the initial request, through the actual process, to aftercare issues and appearing in court as a witness
- Provides salient features regarding injury identification and documentation
- Summary of the key medico-legal issues around the care of the sexual assault complainant
- Key guidelines from the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine
- Practical materials such as:
– bodycharts and essential surface anatomy for the documentation of injuries
– example examination proformas for adults and children
– flowcharts for aftercare issues
– world chart for HIV prevalence rates courtesy of WHO and UNAIDS
– algorithms for resuscitation courtesy of the Resuscitation Council UK
– growth charts
– pregnancy wheel
– example template for court statements
0161 276 6515
- Crisis Support
- Forensic Medical Examination
- Access to Emergency Contraception
- Sexual Health Screening
- Counselling & Aftercare Support
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisor
- What happens if I make a report to the Police?
- What will happen when I come to the St Mary's Centre?
- What happens if I come to St Mary's Centre without making a report to the Police?